I. What's new?
A. Updated Rules
- I'm only allowed to code unboundedly from Wednesday-Friday
- Follow Daily SOP at the start of the day
- Wake up no later than noon.
- Declare suspension of the system when something goes wrong, i.e., explicitly declare it in my journal.
- Write thoughts in my journal every Pomodoro break.
B. New Journaling app
- I saw Ali's YouTube video and learned about a new journaling software called Day One.
- I enjoyed it. It will become my default method of journaling. I believe it will help me start my day more quickly because it is lot quicker than Obsidian Mobile.
My friend visited last week, so we forced ourselves into a hackathon to cram a project. This led to several violations of my stated rules:
1. I'm only allowed to overwork from Wednesday-Friday
I lost track of this. Probably worked too much on previous days. I believe I need to clarify and improve this definition. Overwork means unbounded coding session for work-related activities.
2. After waking up, I shall read a book for 30 minutes.
For two to three days, it worked. Reading a book will now be a part of the SOP, and I think I'll combine this with Rules 2 and 4.
3. Wake up no later than noon.
I keep failing. I'm unsure of the alternative to this.
5. Declare suspension of the system when something goes wrong, i.e., explicitly declare it in my journal.
I didn't notice this. I probably need to practice more.
6. Write thoughts in my journal every Pomodoro break.
I frequently overlook taking breaks. Will try once more.
7. Journal should be readable at the end of the day.
At this time, I'll let this one go. This is not a top priority, in my opinion.